JULY 2017 - DEC 2019
One of three designers supporting 16-25 engineers across two squads.
The WeWork App
When I started the design team was roughly 15 people. In my first 20 months with the company I helped design the most used features on our member facing technology platform: Rooms, Guests, and Desks. While the product, engineering and design teams expanded during hypergrowth, I was the primary source of design knowledge on our squad.
My most meaningful contribution to users came from the redesign of the iOS app where I was responsible for designing Space, Rooms, Desks, Guests, and Building Guide. In my time at WeWork I grew tremendously as a designer and learned the importance of being a good team member.
Seamlessly enable users to find space to collaborate in their building, neighborhood, or city.
- Update the IA to reflect most common user behaviors.
- Redesign and refresh the WeWork app with new brand guidelines.
- 68% of room bookings happen within 1 hour of start time
- ~170 seconds to book a room (repeat task)
- Most users have booked less than 3 different rooms
- Common/repeat tasks take substantial time mental effort
- Rooms are sorted alphabetically with no filtering options
- Only display rooms in a single building
- New feature: Open Rooms – rooms open now, sorted by previously booked.
- Reduced time to book to 14 seconds from app open
As one of three designers on the emerging products squad, we completely reimagined the way people used WeWork. As a cross-functional team, we began to test out new product ideas.
Rather than a membership tied to a single location, people could enter any WeWork in the world and seamlessly get to work.